Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goof's Good Intentions...

Below are actual text messages from Wemmaly; my good and beautiful friend who has a seventeen year on/off relationship with heroin. My friend of twenty three years. She was staying with me and my kids for a month and then moved into with my good friend Twink and Mac. Last Thursday I dropped her off at a house. To get Naltrexone. She had no shoes or money. She didn't go home for seven days. I was frantic. Especially knowing she is working as a prostitute. I went back to the house twice trying to find her. I even left a note with my mobile number on it. I also rang her work; looking for her. Trying to see if she was okay. They said they hadn't seen her since Tuesday either.

So I did the Unforgiveable. At my wits end with worry I rang her Ex; Willy.

And spilled the beans. The whole shit and shebang.

What have I done?

W: Fuck you. Fuck you. You are no friend of mine. You are the evilest bitch I have ever come across. The one thing I asked you never to do. What the fuck do you think he could do? Why tell him anything? You are a fucking cow.The one thing in life that keeps me going. The one person in my life that I care for and love. You have destroyed it. I have nothing left to live for. Nothing.

W:Well fuck off and fuck you bitch. There was no reason to do that. No reason at all. I don't want you in my life at all. So fuck off and watch someone else's car crash. Mine is over.

W:You have destroyed it with one phone call. I have nothing left. His love was all I had. Do you understand what you have done? I have nothing. It's all over. Whay would you do that? I have nothing left. I have nothing. This is it; I don't think you understand what you have done to me.

W: It's over.

W: I do love you, Goof. But you have broken my heart and trust.

W: I text Willy. I am going to deny working. He won't handle it. He is so upset. He told his brother's and our friends. Now everyone knows. I have nothing left Goof. Nothing. I don't understand why. He couldn't have helped. You knew more than him. I can't believe you did it. You need to learn confidentiality between friends. This has detroyed anything that was good in my life. It's ruined me and Willy. His family and my friendships. I knew I should never have told you. I don't know if I can come back from this. I was going to end my life last night. I still feel like it now. It hurts so much. I have nothing left Goof.

W: There were people that loved me. But not now. It's all over for me. He was my world and now it's all gone. I have nothing left to live for. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to feel this hurt. It's too much.

W: There was nothing to worry about. I am an adult and have been taking care of myself for 33 years. You have managed to ruin it all in one phone call. I know you wouldn't do it intentionally, but it's all gone. I don't know what to do now. I just don't know what to do. Please don't interfere anymore. Good intentions or not.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

This post will only be up for 24 hours; and then I'll delete it.

Something about confidentiality...

Between friends.

Grump said...

Hi. This is shit hitting the fan big time. I hope you can salvage something from it. I believe you only acted with the best intentions.
Stay grounded.
Cheers Mark x

Elaine Denning said...

You acted out of concern for your friend. No contact for a week - and knowing what she was involved in - what else could you have done? You had to call somebody...if not to help, then to unburden yourself with the weight of the 'what if.'

I'n not here to judge - people live their lives in all sorts of ways and that's their decision - but this isn't the smartest thing for W to be doing, is it?

Look at it another way. If something terrible HAD happened to her, and you'd continued to keep all this a secret, you'd never have forgiven yourself - especially if by intervening you could have stopped it happening.

Deep down, she knows you acted out of love and concern for her. Let's hope she has a wake up call and comes round.

Jenny Wynter said...

Gees Louise. That's a bloody scheisster of a situation. I wish I could offer advice, gees. All I can say is that hopefully a bit of cool off time will allow you guys the space to make some peace and for her to allow you to support her however you can.