Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle...

So I went back to work the day after New Year...

I rang hubby when I was done.

Me: What you up to? I'll pick us up some lunch on the way home if you like.

Hubby: We're just about to go down to the Park.

Me: Who is?

Hubby: Me. And Wemmaly. And (as an after thought) little Son and Chopper.

Me: I'll just wait then and get something on the way then.

I met up with them down the Park. With kebabs. And chicken nuggets. The whole shit and she-bang. You have no idea what I was feeling when I turned up. They were still on their way down there but I was already feeling like the Outsider. Okay; so hubby takes the dog and Our child to the park every now and then; but This was different...

Not according to him.

So; Wemmaly walked up the shops after lunch to get some cigarettes. And we went home.

It was Thursday. Trivia night. Wemmaly told me that she would mind the kids for me. We got stuff to cook for hotdogs and hubby and I left for the Pub. We found out that trivia was off for the night but decided to stay for dinner at the bistro. At least I think that's what happened.

A short time later hubby had put some money through the Pokies. He was sitting with Golden Shower Boy at the table; trying to start an argument about Wemmaly and why I'm jealous of her and hubby going to the Park with my kid and my dog. But by this time I'm so fucking over it. Well and fucking Truly.

Me: I'm going to get another beer.

When I came back they had gone. Kasper told me that I'd only just gone to the bar and they had walked off. So much for dinner. I stayed for another beer and then caught a taxi home. On the way home I got a phone call. It was hubby. Wanting to know what my problem was.

Me: Nothing; no problem. I'm in a taxi. On the way home.

Hubby: Good. ( The Inferred message was About Fucking Time)

I got home. Hubby wasn't here. I later found out he was at Twink's. Wemmaly was doing a basket of laundry; folding up my hubby's socks and undies into neat balls. I told her to quit it. Because it was freaking the Fuck out of me.

NB I haven't told You All that they also went on an 'Outing' to the shops either; when I was asleep after work one day last week Wemmaly wanted some DVD's and took it upon herself to take hubby and little Son in my car for the drive.

Call me a Retard. I don't care.

But Don't shit in someone else's nest.

Especially when I'm trying my fucking hardest to put this Shit back together.

No More.

Now I'm just a jealous fucker. How dare I sully everything good and pure and innocent about hubby's 'friendship' with Wemmaly? Who do I think I am anyway?

Except his fuckhead Wife?

I sat up with Wemmaly for a few hours. Nutting it out. Telling her that it was hubby who had come up with the euphemism for her that had pissed me off so well and good. Do you want to know what it was that he called her? My childhood friend since I was ten? My heroin-addicted-prostituting Buddy who I have all the time in the World for?

Ready for it?

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle.

I told Wemmaly this. She was horrified that he would think that way. I told her to get used to it.

She left the next morning. She's staying at Twink's. In his spare room.

Now I've lost her.

Again.

4 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

If you really do want to sort things out with Hubby, then it's best that she's not staying with you. You have enough to deal with already, without other shit being thrown into the equation. Anyway, you probably haven't lost her at all. HE said it, not you.

That film frightened the life out of me!

~*~KRITTER~*~ said...

http://www.myspace.com/krit666

Hey sexy look at my place

Miss Construed... said...

Hi Miss; you're right as usual.

Wemmaly and I have patched it up after a talk but it's certainly been better with her at Twink's and Mac's. She's fitting in over there much better.

x

Grump said...

Just back from camping and good to catch up on your blog. I hope you have a better year this year.
Cheers Mark x